Call me a doomsday believer if you want – but being prepared for the worst-case scenario when the evidence presents itself is critical in business survival and everyday life. It’s called planning ahead and paying attention to alarming trends that could cause disastrous outcomes if you ignore the warning signs.
Staying ahead of the crowd is always important for your business to stay relevant and thrive durring bad economic times. If you can see the problem before it happens, it may never happen. At the very least, you will counter problems with the solution rather quickly. I see this common question asked in internet marketing forums all the time so I’ll reveal 5 industries that will “crush it” in the next 10 years for internet marketers starting a blog or selling digital information products online…
What is the best niche to target for my first product or website?
While there is no niche better than the other, targeting niches that have a huge number of people searching for information is always a good start. Don’t worry about potential competitors and if a niche is already over-saturated. A highly profitable market has a lot of money moving around so finding an untapped market is usually rare. The most important decision when picking a niche is deciding if your niche is large enough to build a desirable audience that has problems, and would be willing to pay you to eliminate.
A disturbing trend I see in todays society and around the world, are financial issues. In fact, it’s the core of every major problem that’s currently going on right now. Feeding the hungry, healthcare, education, wars, high taxation and family separation, majority of the time falls on the back of financial problems. Without going into an economic lesson about debt, just know that nothing can be resolved until the 16 Trillion pound gorilla and the rest of his Band, loses weight.
In the current economic system with so much uncertainty, people are shopping and traveling less due to financial issues. Finding a niche to survive the hard times is crucial right now for the phase that I think we are headed in. For the first time in history, I think humanity has reached a point in time where we have to rely on family, friends and neighbors to thrive during the coming bad times for the global economy. It seems to be a recurring theme for “Mother Earth” to simultaneously throw in a serious drought and extreme weather conditions during bad economic times. It’s as if she can feel the pain of a failed economic system as well.
Part of Internet marketing is constantly searching for new information and progressing with the social habits of the web. Change is constant and never stays the same. What goes up – must come down and plenty other popular Wayne Gretzky quotes about being where the puck is going to be, supports the reason why you should consider diving head first into the following niches…
1. Precious Metals – The opposite consciousness of the soon to be financial crises is real tangible money. Not paper money from a printing press from a cabal that determines what is, and isn’t real money. The only way to real fiat currency drowned in debt. As people look for safe and alternative investments to put their money in after stocks, 401k’s, land and home ownership fail them. Land will be too expensive for the common man and Gold will already be unattainable for most Americans. The ultimate sleeper here is SILVER which is used in hospitals, water purification and thousands of electronic products like cell phones, digital notebooks and solar panels.
Have you ever wonder why every cloud has a SILVER lining? Or why people are born with a SILVER tongue? Why vampires and other monsters are killed with a SILVER bullet or why silver was used to preserve Milk in the past? I’ll be the first Internet marketer to say that soon SILVER, will change it’s current scoffed at nickname of “poor mans metal” to something more respectable by financial gurus. A lot of people say you can’t eat Gold & Silver. But, you can’t do that with dollar bills either… “And we hoard the stuff!” Get ready for the WORLD switch to precious metals instead of fiat currency. Only then you will be able to trade and barter for the following item on our list if you don’t have an equal trade…
2. Farming & Eco-Friendly – Farming and organic living will be on the rise as majority of people rely on Government programs, fast food restaurants and local grocery stores as there source of food. Without these 3 important reliances people would cease to exist in a couple weeks if the system holding this together collapsed. The opposite consciousness of oil and pollution and not caring about where your food and water comes from will be put to the front as more people start caring about useful tangible items in life. One of my favorite hobbies is fishing. I believe that people will find peace in relaxing activities that have a low cost of entry that reward you with food, wealth and fun. It’s why during bad times people are grounded and start to think about number three on our list…
3. Health & Wellness – Only the strong survive and the weak die. Health and wellness will rise as people lose everything, the only thing they have to hold on to will be health and wellness. Being sick and over weight will come into contrast as people snap back to reality when they lose everything and depression sinks in. Depression will lead to many illnesses as it causes an chemical imbalance in the Human body.
4. Protection – It’s a touchy subject sometimes but it deserves to get mentioned. Home security, Self-defense and firearms will definitely rise as chaos erupts. Criminals will look for any way to commit a crime for survival. While you can’t have police officers in the front of everyone’s door, people will take action and put life in their own hands if it came down to it. Mentioning protection is a great segway to number….
5. Do-It-Yourself – People will look for ways to make life easier by looking for lucrative income opportunities and creating unique inventions. People will be looking for self -made solutions to complete any work that needs to get done. No longer will the majority just outsource work to someone else to get it taken care of. People will have more time and focus to learn “How-To” style information products and use them. There are other niches I could have mentioned in this list as people look for an alternative “fix” to the current economic crises. A couple of FREE tools that I used for niche research that helped me find the following niches are..
Google Keyword Tool
When searching for a potential niche to target, use Google Keyword Tool to see how many people are using Googles search engine to search for a specific keyword and category throughout a point in history. This will give you a great view as to how many people are actively searching online in your targeted niche. If you have high search volume for most keywords it means you have a possibly have a profitable niche that should be tapped by thinking of a problem and solution.
It’s a far better tool than seeing what’s trending on Twitter. Google Trends is a good tool for looking at trends in industries that are either rising or falling in popularity. Google Trends takes the searches and news topics around the web and displays this in a easily consumable graph for people looking at the History and possible future of a particular industry.
Now that I gave you 5 niches and 2 valuable resources, I need your opinions and comments…
Take a look at the following video by Tony Robbins giving an economic warning to the public, and tell me what you think.